1. What is the purpose of packages? Show an example.
- Packages serve as a container for the UML things such as use cases or classes. During system analysis or when the system is being assign the package will occur. It uses a folder symbol with a package name.
2. How is a component diagram different from a class diagram? Show an example.
- Though component diagram and class diagram are just similar, they also have differences. The component diagram shows the components of a system while the class diagram describes the system by showing the system’s classes, their attributes, and the relationships between the classes.
3. What is illustrated in a deployment diagram? Show an example.
- It illustrates the physical implementation of a certain system. It also illustrates the relationships between the hardware and the system in which it is being deployed.
4. Summarize the steps in putting UML to work.
4.1. Find the actors in the problem domain and identify its major events. Develop a set of primary use cases that describes the events. Develop the use case diagram to know how the actors related to the use cases.
4.2. Derive activity diagram from a use case diagram and develop a sequence and collaboration diagrams from a use case scenario. Review the sequence diagram and make modifications if necessary until the business area experts agree that it is complete and accurate.
4.3. Identify the objects and look for the similarities and differences due to its behavior then create classes. Define the major relationships between classes. Examine use case and sequence diagram. Create class diagrams that show the classes and relationships that exist in the use cases.
4.4. Develop a statechart diagram for the further analysis of the system. After developing the statechart diagram you may now determine the methods by examining it. You can now indicate whether the methods and attributes of the class are public or private.
4.5. Review the existing UML diagrams for the system, write its class specification. Develop methods specification then create another set of sequence diagram, then create a class diagram using the specialized class symbol. Analyze the class diagram and develop deployment diagrams.
4.6. Document all the information regarding the system design.
5. How important is UML for modeling?
- UML is very important in modeling since UML serves as a powerful tool that can help to improve the quality of your systems analysis and design. Through the UML, your system can now attain the higher- quality system.
Aiza S. Cabrera and Jennelyn Lamonon BSIT-3A